BLAKE SHELTON SHARES NEW SONG “WE CAN REACH THE STARS” FROM BODY LANGUAGE DELUXE, OUT DECEMBER 3
- https://www.blakeshelton.com/news/blake-shelton-shares-new-song-we-can-reach-stars-body-language-deluxe-out-december-3-3131BLAKE SHELTON SHARES NEW SONG “WE CAN REACH THE STARS” FROM BODY LANGUAGE DELUXE, OUT DECEMBER 3
Country music superstar Blake Shelton doesn’t write as often as he once did, often opting to champion the talented songwriters around him. But when he and then fiancée Gwen Stefani decided they would write their own wedding vows, Shelton knew exactly what to do. Today he is sharing with fans “We Can Reach The Stars,” the song he wrote for Stefani on their special day (listen HERE). The loving song is a fitting closing track for his soon-to-be released Body Language Deluxe album, due December 3 and available now for pre-order (click HERE).
“Gwen and I decided we were going to write our own vows for the wedding, but I decided to surprise her by writing a song instead,” said Shelton. “I reached out to my buddy Craig Wiseman, who is a world-class songwriter, to help me write and structure something that would stand the test of time. I’m really proud of ‘We Can Reach The Stars’ and I’m really honored to be with her. That’s why we got married in the first place. That’s why we wear rings… because we want everyone to know. I’m thrilled to share this song with the world.”
Body Language Deluxe also includes his current Top 30 and climbing single, “Come Back As A Country Boy” (Michael Hardy, Josh Thompson and Jordan Schmidt). Shelton will perform the “stomping manifesto” (MusicRow) next week on the 55th Annual CMA Awards. Meanwhile, Shelton, as an eight-time champion coach, is taking his team into the 21st season of live competition on NBC’s Emmy-winning show The Voice.
BODY LANGUAGE DELUXE TRACK LISTING
- Come Back As A Country Boy (Michael Hardy, Josh Thompson, Jordan Schmidt)
- Fire Up The Night (feat. HARDY) (Michael Hardy, Jordan Schmidt, Brian Kelley, Bart Butler)
- Minimum Wage (Nicolle Galyon, Jesse Frasure, Corey Crowder)
- Body Language (feat. The Swon Brothers) (Colton Swon, Zach Swon, Matt McGinn, Ryan Beaver)
- Happy Anywhere (feat. Gwen Stefani) (Ross Copperman, Josh Osborne, Matt Jenkins)
- Now I Don’t (Jessi Alexander, Alysa Vanderheym, Michael Hardy)
- Monday Mornin’ Missin’ You (Jessi Alexander, Deric Ruttan, Josh Thompson)
- Corn (Craig Wiseman, Matt Dragstrem, Chris Tompkins, Rodney Clawon)
- Makin’ It Up As You Go (Brad Tursi, Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne)
- Whatcha Doin' Tomorrow (Dallas Davidson, Kyle Fishman, Casey Beathard)
- The Girl Can’t Help It (Ben Hayslip, Josh Osborne, Mark Holman)
- The Flow (Shane McAnally, Ross Copperman, Josh Osborne)
- Neon Time (Jaron Boyer, Michael Tyler, Ben West)
- Bible Verses (Joe Fox, Andrew Peebles, Brett Sheroky)
- Throw It On Back (feat. Brooks & Dunn) (Bobby Pinson, Ben Hayslip, Rhett Akins)
- We Can Reach The Stars (Blake Shelton, Craig Wiseman)
ABOUT BLAKE SHELTON
Blake Shelton continues to add to his superstar status with the deluxe version of his new album Body Language, due December 3. The album features four new tracks, including his current single “Come Back As A Country Boy.” Flagship single “Happy Anywhere” (featuring Gwen Stefani) summitted the Country Digital Song Sales chart and marked his 28thcountry radio chart-topper. Prior to “Happy Anywhere” Shelton celebrated a Platinum-selling, multi-week No. 1 with “Nobody But You,” which has now surpassed 270 million streams. The single made its TV debut on the 62nd GRAMMY Awards, where Shelton was also nominated for Best Country Solo Performance for his hit “God’s Country.” The 4x Platinum smash earned the 2019 CMA Award and 2020 ACM Award for Single of the Year. As his award wins approach the hundreds, Shelton remains a force in the industry with ACM (5), AMA (3), CMA (10), CMT (11) and People’s Choice Awards (6), among many others. He recently wrapped his highly anticipated “Friends and Heroes 2021” tour with very special guest Lindsay Ell and special appearances by Martina McBride, Tracy Byrd and Trace Adkins.
As a coach for the Emmy Award-winning television show The Voice, Shelton is an eight-time champion, most recently with his contestant Cam Anthony. The Grand Ole Opry member also remains focused on his Ole Red partnership with Ryman Hospitality, with locations currently in Tishomingo, Nashville, Gatlinburg and Orlando. A noted humanitarian, Shelton has helped raise millions of dollars for children’s hospitals, disaster relief organizations, food banks and more in his home state of Oklahoma and throughout the entire country.